Hello there peeps!
I know I haven’t yet shown my coloured hair to you all. It will be out soon but before that let me tell you something that inspired me to colour my hair. It is none other than the most amazing blogger from Bangalore and one of the earliest fashion bloggers in the country! She is my role model and inspiration!
As a designer and stylist it is my job to follow celebrities, blogger influencers and everyone famous with a sense of style! And one of the persons I have been watching keenly over the past few years is Nilu Yuleena Thapa aka Big Hair Loud Mouth.
There is something that makes me go back to her profile and see her pictures again and again! Her style is bang on trend way before the brands in India catch up! A lot of people can’t understand her sense of style because it’s ahead of time and she looks right out of a runway!
I am a trend conscious person as that’s my job day in and out! I used to wear wacky clothes and carry accessories people would not think of carrying, that’s when I decided I will become a blogger, to write about my crazy outfits, now to see they are not crazy enough (laughs like an idiot).
Last Sunday, Max had a styling event in every store of theirs, and Nilu was styling in their VR Mall store. I always wanted to meet her and talk to her. This was my chance to reach out to her as a fan girl and as a blogger who is beginning!
So on behalf of all my fellow bloggers, I asked her tons of questions and she was so generous to answer every single one of them! Here are some of the learnings and pointers I have jotted down for you guys right from the loud mouth 😛
- When you start blogging don’t expect to earn money right away. Don’t start blogging just to earn, make it a passion and give your 100% and you will see results.
- Do not indulge in gossip and things which cause negativity as it hinders your productivity.
- When there is negativity around you, ignore it and make sure you do better work with passion and you will not be able to see the negativity.
- If you are an emotional being, it’s great as you can feel things deeply and write about it in a heartfelt manner. Authenticity always matters and at the end of the day that’s how people will be able to connect to you.
- If you are a blogger make sure you write, and write well, coz it makes a difference, you might think nobody is reading but there are people reading and waiting for you to write more.
- It’s okay if people call you crazy, go ahead and experiment, how else will you figure out what you are made up off, try variety of styles! Don’t be scared of what people think or will judge, it’s their pastime to do that! Let them!
- Yes we all go through a phase of depression, we get demotivated but that should make you stronger to get back up there and do better because your fans, whether one or two, are waiting for you! Never lose hope!
- When you get work for collaborations and if you feel that you can do better your way, always feel free to express it! That’s when you will keep up your individuality!
- Do not compare yourself to others and get demotivated or even think that you should do certain things their way, you are unique and do things your way and be different! It will take you a long way!
- Whether it’s brands or Instagram or Facebook, they all are watching you keenly so don’t jump and take a bad decision. Let me put it this way – always be ethical, don’t think of short cuts to achieve success.
Yes I met the blogger who has gone to IIFA, not once but twice! And she was so down to earth that I felt like I was talking to a long lost friend! Every great person doesn’t have this quality and the ones who have this become greatest!