Flowers, Flowers and Flowers everywhere!
This spring season, I am obsessed with floral designs. The reason: A valley of flowers I saw on Facebook. With a dream of going to that pretty place in the Himalayas, I checked out its pictures, read on how to reach there, and what not! Flowers like orchids, poppies, primulas, marigolds, daises and anemones carpeting the ground!
Plus, snow in the background…. OMG! Why would anyone say no to such pleasing scenery all around? It would be the perfect Bollywood theme song location with flowers falling all over in a chill hilly place! A dreamland! I almost registered for the trek three-four times but alas due to stupid reasons the valley of flowers is unexplored by me. Then, I had a perfect come back to myself. “Let me make myself look like a garden of flowers.” Probably the stupidest idea ever, yet it’s kind of satisfying always to get an inspiration to dress up, isn’t it?
This floral maxi, which I had purchased long ago, had been lying in my cupboard untouched and stacked up, begging me to wear it. I was like “hmmm…this can be my floral dress but, oh wait! The flowers are too big! I will look like a walking garden”. But, wasn’t that the whole point? Then there was this floral tiara that I had bought from Forever 21, I was waiting for a perfect occasion to use that pretty little thing. Last but not the least, the floral jacket that I am in love with for ages. Yes, you all might be thinking, ‘she sure is out of her mind to look like a perfect overdose of floral’, but I was elated with this overdose!
Maxi dresses are one of the most comfortable, flattering, and forgiving pieces of clothing that any girl must have. They are extremely versatile and easy to add layers over; as well hide layers under. They are the perfect transitional pieces for the winter where some days are super chilly and others are warmed by the mild sun. I feel that maxis are the best for cold weathers as they need the lowest maintenance in your wardrobe. Eeeep! So ladies let’s do the drill, shall we?
How to look stunning in a Maxi Dress?
- Little secret – the best part of wearing a full sleeve maxi dress is that you don’t have to bother about grooming yourself or boggle your mind about all the unwanted hair!
- Long sleeve maxi – The best part of the long sleeve maxi is that you need nothing more than just a belt and a simple clutch to accessorize it.
- Layering – Add a denim jacket and a belt, or a sharp blazer and a cool necklace on days when you have more on the agenda than just ‘kick back and relax’.
- Accessorize right – Forego the flip flop and may be go in with the sneakers trend to make it look casual. Keep your pretty dress from skimming the ground with the help of a pair of wedge-heel platforms.
- Curvy – All the curvy ladies out there; try to find a cap sleeve and avoid the spaghetti straps. Larger prints will compliment your body apart from the same old boring neutral shades.
- Petites – A waist clinching draw string will add curves to you; make sure you have tiny prints and patterns which will give a naturalistic look for your body type.
- The pear – Follow the thumb rule – a shoulder bearing top and an empire waist will draw attention up (away from your bottom).
- Go ahead and wear the floral maxi like a Japanese princess and look fab in it. Even if you look like a valley of flowers, it’s worth it.