I know, I know, I entirely seem like a lazy ass. Yes, that I am, also come on it’s not about being lazy it’s just that sometimes with all 9-5 work, socialising and trying to binge watch on 2 Broke Girls, where is the time to get waxed, right? I also know there are saloons at home and what not, it’s just that I feel it’s a big pain in the ass to get waxed and I keep on finding reasons to postpone it!
Also, that’s the time when I think of reasons to wear Ethnic or Fusion wear depending on my mood that day! Do you also feel the same way? I have tons and tons of ethnic wear, and they’re always lying in one section of the wardrobe and never gets their chance!
Because all of us think it’s easier to just wear denim and a top or a simple dress to work, yes since I am extremely lazy, I think so too, but sometimes I go out of the way to wear fusion wear.
A lot of people come to me and ask how to know which one to pair what with, it’s so difficult to create a fusion look. Also, people say that it takes a lot of courage to try out new things and so many excuses.
I say come on, we all are born and bought up here in India, and wearing ethnic is imbibed in our genetics, it should not be such a hard task to wear that to the office. Also, I feel you don’t always need an occasion for it, right?
Let me show you guys how I came up with this look and then ill share some tips to create your own Not waxed look!
So, I have had this Bagru printed pants which I bought from Lifestyle Stores 4 years back, and they are incredibly comfortable. It took me months to start wearing it, yup!
The Bagru printed pant as you can see in brick red colour with rust orange prints which are in the red family. So, I had a Solid Plain wine-coloured top which would ideally go with these pants and there I was done!
Just by adding one plain and one printed your look is generally completed and maybe a touch of accessory if you like it! Because apart from your arms there is no skin show anywhere & Practically no one will know you are not waxed!
But you all know me by now, more is less for me, and since I love prints, I added this beautiful printed sleeveless longline shrug on top to add a print clash. That’s coz I like a riot of prints, yes that’s the textile designer in me talking out loud. Also, Of-course I love, love accessories as I am a hoarder!
So here is you the full look in 3 pieces 1 plain top, one printed pant (a lot of you girls can stop here), and for the brave hearts, you can add a printed/plain shrug of the same colour family and maybe even a touch of accessories.
Let me share some
- Choose if you want to do a skirt look or a pant look! (Skirt looks more ethnic )
- Take a Printed pant of any sort and just find a perfect Solid plain T-shirt for it.
- You don’t always have to use a black t-shirt, you can take any color from the print on the pant and choose it as your top.
- Technically your ensemble is done, but you can add a neckpiece if you think the top is too solid.
- Also, you can wear a ethnic printed top and a Solid Pant.
- Generally, I in-shirt my tops/tees as I use a lot of printed pants.
- Solid plain T-shirts are available in umpteen number of colors.
- Yes a lot of us feel comfortable after wearing a shrug, so If you are choosing a solid, you can add a mild contrast or something in the same family, or the printed for the brave heart (its really not that difficult to wear print on print)
- You all can do the same thing with a skirt and a solid t-shirt that’s universal.
- Add a Stole/scarf instead of a shrug, that makes a great style statement!
- You can always wear your favourite pair of chappals for them.
Hope you all liked these simple tips and tricks on what to really wear when not waxed.
This is literally my secret to success (easy peasy) !
WHAT I WORE ?
Printed Bagru Pants – Lifestyle stores – INR999
Solid T-shirt – HnM – INR400
Printed Shrug – Abof.com – INR1499
Chappal – Sarojni – INR200
Finger Ring – Fabindia – INR800
Beaded Neck Piece – Ajio.com – INR 400
Nath – Commercial Street – INR800
Jhumka – Commercial Street – INR250