It’s about to be New Year peeps, and what are your plans? We all have different plans I know; some want to go around partying, some go on a long nature trek, some travel, some enjoy at home with family and friends.
I always wondered when I was in school, how would it be to party as we all saw in the Bollywood and Hollywood movies. Obviously when we were kids, we were not allowed to celebrate New Year too. Because according to the Hindu calendar our new year comes in April, that’s what I used to hear. Then slowly westernisation creeped up and we would buy a small cake, cut it and wish everyone in the family happy new year at midnight and sleep.
Then slowly started everything that’s westernised. We wear party clothes as now New Year is all about partying. Let’s look at some trends that you can rock at the New Year Eve.
There is shimmer and velvet all over, all the dresses and tops and all the celebrities are wearing either sequin, velvet or metallic leather. I have put up a list of things that you can wear for this new years:
1. All over embellished jumpsuit, which is in metallics. There are the best and the easiest.
2. Velvets are no-doubt the best things that has happened to mankind, whether, dresses, skirts or even jumpsuits, they look royal and one of the plus points is that they keep you warm.
3. Leather skirts in metallics are the best. Mini skirts are back in trend. This is the time to flaunt them.
4. Pair a lace top with fancy trousers and strappy heels. Lacy tops are the best things that designers have come up with, they are sexy and comfortable too.
5. Try layering a sparkly silver/golden dress with a monotone jacket, for all those who don’t like to go overboard and look all glittery!
6. The perfect solution for those who hate sparkle is patent leather! You can find them in H&M right now! I mean they can be teamed up with anything and everything, you will look dashing!
7. That fancy matching set you’ve been saving for a special occasion? Now is the time to wear it.
Had you always kept that matching mustard on mustard or the red on red for the right occasion, it’s the right time to bring it out of the closet!
And finally I have put up my wardrobe for the new years eve, guess what it is? I am a shimmery glitter person, so obviously its gonna be a LBD but with an overload of sequin. Because it’s too boring to wear normal clothes. It’s time to shine and inspire yourself to accomplish and achieve all those goals you always wrote down in your journal and always pushed aside thinking you can’t do it! Now is the time to get up there and take a resolution to keep up your new year resolution !
I have styled a black sequin dress, which has silver, gold and copper ombre sequins, so that, I can pair any colour metallic accessory with it. I am wearing a gold sneakers and a gold earring to finish it up.